You are welcome to join us to learn Buddhist methods for developing a calm and peaceful mind and body, remedies for the stresses of everyday life. Classes will be conducted in two 4-week series from July to December. During the series you can:
- Discover a healthier approach to life events
- Rethink the approach to our challenges
- Find energy and inner strength for action, empathy, wisdom and compassion
- Hear a program created by the great Tibetan teacher and author, Venerable Geshe Acharya Thubten Loden
- Explore the genuine Tibetan Buddhist tradition made relevant to a modern audience, based on highly authoritative and ageless wisdom
- Follow the course text – Geshe Loden’s remarkable work, Meditations on the Path to Enlightenment
- Experience a magnificent traditional Tibetan temple and gardens – an oasis for meditation
Over four weeks each Sunday at 1.30pm from 31 July to 21 August Angela Scherma will focus on the theme of Responding not Reacting – The Buddhist View.
How introspection and self-awareness, interlaced with the Buddhist teachings help us to understand the causes of our happiness and suffering.
In the fourth term – each Sunday at 1.30pm from from 13 November to 4 December – Ven Anna Goldstein will explore love, compassion and the remarkable concept of bodhichitta, and introduce the six perfections such as generosity and patience.
The teachers, Angela Scherma (left below) and Ven Anna Goldstein, are both long-time students of Venerable Geshe Loden.
All sessions will be in the magnificent traditional temple and online via the Tibetan Buddhist Society YouTube channel. All are welcome. For those on-site afternoon tea is served in the temple dining room after each session.
The facility charge for each session is $10. Registration is not required. All proceeds support maintenance of the temple and gardens. For more info please visit our website, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 9333 1770.