You are welcome to join us to learn gentle Buddhist methods for developing a calm and peaceful mind and body, remedies for the stresses of everyday life.
Over four weeks from Sunday 13 November to Sunday 4 December Ven Anna Goldstein (13 and 20 November) and Angela Scherma (27 Nov and 4 Dec) will explore unconditional love, compassion and the remarkable concept of bodhichitta, and introduce the six perfections such as generosity, ethics and patience.
All these qualities, as they evolve when we progress our practice, help practitioners find renewed calm and strength and the capacity to navigate more challenging situations. Through listening, reflecting and meditation, the teachings can provide a foundation for further meaning and purpose in life.
These four classes, and the earlier course sessions in July and August, are to help participants:
- Discover a healthier approach to life events
- Rethink the approach to our challenges
- Find energy and inner strength for action, empathy, wisdom and compassion
- Hear a program created by the great Tibetan teacher and author, Venerable Geshe Acharya Thubten Loden
- Explore the genuine Tibetan Buddhist tradition made relevant to a modern audience, based on highly authoritative and ageless wisdom
- Follow the course text – Geshe Loden’s remarkable work, Meditations on the Path to Enlightenment
- Experience a magnificent traditional Tibetan temple and gardens – an oasis for meditation
The teachers, Ven Anna Goldstein, and Angela Scherma (right below) are both long-time students of Venerable Geshe Loden.
All sessions will be in the magnificent traditional temple and online via the Tibetan Buddhist Society YouTube channel. All are welcome. For those on-site afternoon tea is served in the temple dining room after each session.
The facility charge for each session is $10. Registration is not required. All proceeds support maintenance of the temple and gardens. You are also welcome to attend online via the Tibetan Buddhist Society YouTube channel. Please contribute here for the online classes. All proceeds support the maintenance of the temple and 10 acre gardens.
For more info please visit our website, email email@example.com or phone 9333 1770.