The Yamantaka retreat will be held both online and at the temple. If you would like to attend the retreat please register here.
Solitary Hero Yamantaka is a core Gelug practice. Yamantaka is the wrathful manifestation of Manjushri, the Buddha of wisdom. As a wrathful practice, Yamantaka presents the means to quickly overcome obstacles that hinder one’s Dharma practice and to achieve enlightenment. The retreat practice is drawn from Venerable Geshe Acharya Thubten Loden’s extensive commentary on the Yamantaka practice, Ocean of Indivisible Method and Wisdom.
As one of the father tantras, Yamantaka teachings emphasise the practice of illusory body. The Yamantaka practice has five extraordinary features:
- Our practice will be successful even in the most difficult circumstances.
- The practice includes the profound paths of the illusory body and clear light as explained in Guhyasamaja tantra.
- The Solitary Hero Yamantaka tantra has the practices of non-dual bliss and emptiness.
- The tantra has the methods for achieving enlightenment, even for those who have created extremely heavy negative actions.
- Through this practice one becomes closer to Manjushri, and more easily receives his blessings.
Geshe Acharya Thubten Loden’s Yamantaka commentary titled Ocean of Indivisible Method and Wisdom is the basis for the retreat practices.
During the retreat we will complete the mantra commitments, and the retreat concludes with the traditional fire puja.