The New Year Meditation Festival 2023 will be held on Saturday 25 February from 10 am to 2.30 pm.
You are welcome to join us at the Peaceful Land of Joy Meditation Centre to enjoy the serenity and beauty of the 10 acre gardens, extraordinary Tibetan temple and gentle activities.
This festival we are focusing on the many Buddhist insights and methods which can help us navigate issues to bring peace, hope, and inner strength while retaining a happy mind when confronted with life’s most difficult circumstances.
The festival program will include the marvellous New Year Blessing Ceremony in the temple at 12 noon, guided meditation, special Dharma talk, tour of the garden and guided encircling of the magnificent traditional Tibetan temple, children’s meditation and food stall where you can purchase delicious refreshments.
There will be plenty of opportunities the browse wonderful goods in the centre’s Enjoyment Shop and we are hoping a couple of Tibetan stalls will open too.
Wonderful variety of festival pastimes
- Relax in the peace and serenity of the centre gardens
- Garden tour at 11 am, covering organic cultivation and the art of rose and salvia pruning
- Meander around lawns, lakes with many birds and wildlife
- Unwind under the shade of golden robinias and Californian redwoods
- Enjoy the beauty of many-coloured salvias, roses, marigolds, satin hibiscus and many more plants and trees
- View the magnificent traditional Tibetan temple with amazing golden roof, spires and ornaments
- A quiet reflection with the 12 ft statue of Shakyamuni Buddha
- Encircle the magnificent temple, with a guide explaining the iconography and Tibetan culture, at the end of the New Year Blessing Ceremony
In the temple
- Guided meditation at 10.30 am
- The inspiring New Year Blessing Ceremony in the temple at 12 noon
- Talk and guided meditation at 1.30 pm
- Delicious vegetarian food for sale throughout the day, and fresh tea, spicy chai and coffee and cakes
- Children’s meditation at 1.30 pm in the temple dining room
- Visit the Enjoyment Shop with beautiful gifts and Tibetan items
Festival gate entry*
- One adult – $10 or $8 concession
- One adult and one child – $15 or $12 concession
- Two adults and school age children – $25 or $22 concession.
Proceeds support maintenance of the temple and gardens.
*The facility charge include entry and access to – Lectures & meditation, New Year Blessing Ceremony, Children’s meditation, Gardens and Garden Tour, Guided Temple Walk.