Join us at the Peaceful Land of Joy for a special New Year Meditation Festival on 23 and 24 February and experience how meditation can lead to a calmer, kinder and more resilient you in 2019.
For the full program and list of free talks and meditations visit here.
Our festival to celebrate the new year has a new format with a strong focus on the temple and meditation. Activities will happen in and around the beautiful traditional Tibetan temple and surrounding gardens.
A special invitation goes out to all of our volunteers, supporters and students to attend and enjoy the Blessing Ceremony on Saturday along with community members and other invited guests, and to take part in the program of meditations on Sunday.
- Celebration of Tibetan New Year on Saturday 11 am to 3.30 pm; and
- Day of Meditation on Sunday 10 am to 4 pm
Both days will feature:
- Extended tours of the temple with its magnificent Buddha statue, altar and thangkas
- Tours of the water-wise organically cultivated gardens
- Guided meditation sessions to start each day
- An afternoon children’s meditation session with activities
- Delicious food with Tibetan momos and rice paper rolls
- Coffee cart, chai, teas and homemade cakes
- A rich array of products in the Enjoyment Shop
- Tibetan stalls and book stalls with books on meditation and Buddhist psychology
- Second-hand bookstall to support our local community food program
Saturday 23 February program includes:
- A Blessing Ceremony on Saturday at 12 noon to welcome 2019 with prayers for world peace and an auspicious year for all living beings and the environment.
- At 2.30 pm an extended tour of the temple will be followed by a guided meditation.
Sunday 24 February program includes:
- A mix of guided meditations and speakers on how meditation can help us cultivate a calmer mind and positive qualities like resilience and compassion.
- Three free talks and sessions on meditation led by leading Buddhist meditation teachers
- A half-hour meditation workshop at 1 pm provides an opportunity to ask questions about your meditation practice – maybe you are finding it a challenge to deal with a busy mind or every time you meditate you get sleepy, or you would like to move to another level with your meditation. Two of our most experienced meditation teachers will be available to answer questions, with a facilitator to support the session.
- Festival entry $5. Family rate $10 – for parents and school-age children or younger.
- $5 per person for the temple tours. Guided meditations, all talks, children’s meditations and garden tours are all free.