Commemoration and Manjushri prayers – Online
This year’s commemoration sessions on Monday 24 August (7.30pm), Sunday 30 August (4pm) and Thursday 3 September (7.30pm) mark nine years since the passing of our precious founder, teacher and spiritual guide, the most Venerable Geshe Acharya Thubten Loden. Everyone is welcome to join us online!
This year we are taking the opportunity to extend the annual tribute program through ten days of online prayers and classes. See the list of all online sessions below.
Commemoration prayers – Mon 24 August, Sun 30 August and Thurs 3 September
All three Commemoration sessions on Mon 24 August, Sun 30 August and Thurs 3 September will include the Gaden Lha Gyama sadhana and other prayers prescribed by Geshe-la.
The Commemoration prayers include three parts – General prayers, Gaden Lha Gyama, and Vajrayana dedication prayers.
All participants do the General prayers and Gaden Lha Gyama. Vajrayana students, who have undertaken appropriate empowerments, also conclude Commemorations with a short session of Vajrayana dedication prayers. See details below.
Here are links to the prayers everyone joins:
To join the online Commemoration prayers above please visit the Tibetan Buddhist Society YouTube channel. Alternatively, you can click on the following link.
Vajrayana dedication prayers
All current online Vajrayana students with appropriate empowerments* will be sent the following:
- YouTube links for the conduct of the Vajrayana long dedication prayers immediately after the conclusion of General prayers and Gaden Lha Gyama
- A link to the two Vajrayana long dedication prayers
Both of these will also be available via email by request for other Vajrayana students with appropriate empowerments.* If you have not attended the regular online classes and need the link and/or these prayers please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Recitation of prayers,“A Concert of Names of Manjushri”, for Loden Rinpoche’s quick identification and return will be held on six occasions during the ten days of online prayers, including one session which will replace a Vajrayana class. Refer below for dates and times.
Please note: a new time of 7.30pm for the Manjushri prayers on Sunday 30 August. This session was previously promoted as immediately after the Commemoration prayers.
Manjushri sessions are also held weekly on Saturdays at 2pm, (except 5 September when they will held at 4pm as some students will be attending online teachings by His Holiness the Dalai Lama at the earlier time).
Commemoration program – online
From Monday 24 August to Thursday 3 September there will be:
- Monday 24 August at 7.30pm – Commemoration prayers to mark our founder’s passing (no Vajrayogini session)
- Tuesday 25 August at 7.30pm – Manjushri prayers
- Wednesday 26 August at 7.30pm – Yamantaka* session for Vajrayana students
- Thursday 27 August at 7.30pm – Manjushri prayers
- Friday 28 August at 7.30pm – Manjushri prayers
- Saturday 29 August at 2pm – Manjushri prayers
- Sunday 30 August at 1.30pm – Introduction series, then Commemoration prayers at 4pm (no Path to Enlightenment class) and then the Manjushri prayers at 7.30pm
- Monday 31 August at 7.30pm – Vajrayogini* session for Vajrayana students
- Tuesday 1 September at 7.30pm – Manjushri prayers
- Wednesday 2 September at 7.30pm – Yamantaka* session for Vajrayana students
- Thursday 3 September at 7.30pm – Commemoration prayers to mark Geshe Loden’s passing into meditative equipoise
To join Commemoration or Manjushri prayers please visit the Tibetan Buddhist Society YouTube channel. Alternatively, you can click on the following link.
*Appropriate empowerments are required to attend Vajrayana classes. If you have them and would like to attend online Vajrayana sessions please register here.