Four-week course, 1.30 pm from Sunday 18 November
Beyond Mindfulness – Meditations for Life
If you could design your future self today, would you plan to be calmer and clearer than you are now – better able to keep your balance even in the middle of busy-ness, more effective at managing stress? Would you like the you of the 2020s to be more resilient – better at riding life’s ups and downs?
- Perhaps you would like the future you to be more open hearted. You might choose to become the person who really makes a positive difference to the lives of others.
- By learning and developing the skills of meditation, you discover that you can in fact design your future self.
- Meditation can help us find a calmer mind and bring clearer awareness to daily activities.
- Mindfulness is a starting point: it creates a space within which we can cultivate all of our positive qualities – including resilience, compassion and insight.
- The Buddhist tradition teaches that all happiness and unhappiness depend on mind, and meditation works directly on our mind, shaping it and guiding its future continuum.
In this 4 week course you will learn the basic meditation techniques that anyone, from any background, can use to improve the quality of life. You will learn to identify and develop the mental habits and patterns that support wellbeing and to deconstruct the habits and minds that disrupt our happiness and balance.
The teacher is Martin Horan, who studied over many years with the Society’s spiritual guide and founder, Venerable Geshe Acharya Thubten Loden.
Classes are held in our beautiful peaceful Tibetan temple from 1.30 to 3 pm for four Sundays from 18 November to 9 December. You are welcome to come along to any class in the series.
The class is followed by tea, coffee and cakes for those who’d like to join us. Facility charge is $10 with proceeds supporting maintenance of the temple and gardens.
For more information please call Jean on 9333 1770 or email email@example.com.